Many people ask me how to integrate Mailchimp with Enews Genesis Extended plugin. I recommend and pre-styled this plugin in all my Genesis Child themes so I´ve decided to create a tutorial where I´ll show you how configure Genesis Enews Extended to work with your Mailchimp form.
I believe this plugin and Mailchimp make a great combination if you want to capture more subscribers and grow your subscriber list, something indispensable in email marketing campaigns.
To integrate MailChimp with your website, you will need:
- A MailChimp account
- A MailChimp list
- A Genesis Child Theme that integrates with MailChimp.
How to get a MailChimp form action URL
1.Log in to your MailChimp account.
2. From your account Dashboard, click Lists in the navigation menu.
3. Find the list you want to connect to your website, click the
v button, and choose Signup forms.
4. Select Embedded forms.
5. In the Form Builder, you’ll see a Embedded form field like this.
6. Paste the code into a plain text editor such as Notepad, Press CTRL + F to open the search box. Search for –< form action =
You don’t need all of this code, only parts marked in red color (URL between the quotation marks after the code
action=. Do not include the
How to integrate MailChimp form action URL in Genesis eNews Extended
1. In WordPress Dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New section. Then search for “Genesis eNews Extended” and click install button under its listing. You can also directly download it from official page at WordPress plugin repository.
2. Go to Appearance > Widgets > Drag eNews Extended widget, into the Primary Sidebar, after entry,… areas you want. If you can’t see the widget options, click the down arrow to expand the widget.
3. Scroll down and look for the Form action.
4. You have type the following:
- Form action: Copy/Paste your URL form.
- E-Mail Field: EMAIL
- First Name Field: FNAME
- Select “Open confirmation”.
5. Now you can personalize your contact form:
- Fill in the Title for your form action.
- (optional) Add any text that you want to include above telling your readers why the sholuld subscribe.
- (optional) Change the button text.
6. Click the Save Button.
Now you have a nice MailChimp signup form in your website!
You have an awesome website and thank you for the wonderful tutorials.
I have installed your wordpress theme natalie and can’t get mailchimp to work on the genesis widget. I follow all the steps but it just takes me to the normal mailchimp sign up form. Can you please tell me what I’m doing wrong?
I was having the same problems, but I edited to form under Customize Appearance and it finally worked for me. Try that.
I send you a video tutorial via Carrie Dills:
I hope this carify your doubts.