Recently one of my customers asked me How to add an image link in your WordPress sidebar. By default, WordPress has only a text widget so you need adding HTML code manually. But, no worries, if you don’t know HTML, I will show you an easy trick to get around that.
This is really useful if you want put a logo, sponsors and internal links to your website.
How to add an image link in your WordPress sidebar
- In your dashboard, create a new post or page and and add an image from your library or computer.
- Once you have uploaded and inserted your image, click on the image and then click on the pencil icon (see below).
- A new window will pop up with information about your image. Now you can select Link to – custom URL and enter your URL. If you want your image to open in a new window, set the target”open link in a new tab”.
- Tab over to the text mode and copy all HTML code.
3. Go to Appearance > Widgets and drag-drop a text widget to your sidebar where you want to display the image, add a title text if you like and paste code.
- Delete that post or save it as a draft for easier editing in case you decide to change things up again in the future.
- Now visit your site and click on the linked image to verify that the link works as expected.
- You can add more images, delete the spaces between the photos and copy/paste code like my example.
FREE BANNER IMAGES FOR YOUR WORDPRESS SIDEBAR:
And as a bonus, you can download these free banners images in .png and .psd format if you want edit text, colors and images!
Join our mailing list to get access to our free resource library and download these free bannes instantly!